- MWRRL Mob Match, 10K Welwyn Garden City (17 July 2014) No entry required (See below)
- Bearbrook 10K, (10 August 2014) Enter online for £12 at https://bearbrookrunningclub.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/Bearbrook10K
Mid-Week Road Race League: Thank you and well done to everyone who turned out to the first league race at Fairlands Valley. It was a great night for Striders with a team wins in all categories, but there is no room for complacency and we would like to see even more Striders at the next race in Chingford on 4 June. As well as a great race, don’t forget that you will earn 20 Club Champs points for every race you run. The remaining dates in the league are as follows:
- Wednesday 4 June – Orion Running Club – Venue Chingford (6M)
- Thursday 12 June - Barnet/Trent Park – Venue Trent Park (9K)
- Tuesday 1 July - St. Albans – Venue Highfield Park (10K)
- Thursday 17 July - Mob Match - Garden City Runners/Herts Phoenix – Venue Welwyn Garden City (10K)
Bodybalance workshops – Mel Orchard and her team at Bodybalance are holding a series of talks for members. The talks and Q&A sessions will last for around 45 minutes and take place at 8.15pm in the Sea Cadet Hut at Westminster Lodge. The Bodybalance team specialise in sports and sports-related injuries and work with some of the UK’s top athletes across a wide range of sports, so this is a fantastic opportunity to get some first class advice completely free of charge. The future sessions are as follows:
- Thursday 26 June - Flexibility and Foam Roller Work. 8.15 start.
- Thursday in July (TBC) - Q&A, Recovery, Compression Garments, Common Injuries. 8.15 start.
Club championships – It’s still all to play for in the race for the Club Championships with Colin and Deborah leading the way in the men's and women's competitions. At the end of April the top 5 standings were:
1. Colin Braybrook… 352 Pts
2. Gary Warren… 292 Pts
3. Joe Dunn… 273 Pts
4. Steve Buckle… 261 Pts
5= Mark Travers… 250 Pts
5= Paul Adams… 250 Pts
1. Deborah Steer… 348 Pts
2. Wendy Webster… 295 Pts
3. Jo Sharples… 266 Pts
4. Zoe Lowe… 256 Pts
5. Wendy Walsh… 251 Pts
Leadership in running fitness course – For a variety of reasons, finding a suitable date and venue to stage the Leadership In Running Fitness course has so far proven elusive. Undeterred we are now looking at options in July. If you are interested in attending the one day course on a Saturday in July, please email me (chairman @ stalbansstriders.com)
Shelving in the lock-up – And finally, a plea to any DIY enthusiasts within the Club, that might be able to spare a couple of hours to install some shelves in the Lock Up. We have a lot of equipment stored there now and the catering equipment in particular could do with being off the floor. If you can help, please email me on the same address.
If you have got this far, thanks for taking the time to read and hope to see you running soon!
Stu Middleton (Chair)